Pilot Instructor- KC-135
Posted on: May 10, 2022
SummaryProvide KC-135 Aircraft Systems/operational procedures
instruction in aircraft/ classroom/ simulator and/or practical
environments. Assist as Subject Matter Expert in development of
curriculum for new type courses as required. May provide additional
special services such as courseware review and other additional
administrative duties such as publications, safety, quality audits,
FCIF, scheduling, and other duties as maybe assigned, etc.Essential
Duties and ResponsibilitiesReasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Provides KC-135 Pilot procedures instruction in aircraft,
classroom, and simulator or other platform environments.
- Provides training for Visual Threat Recognition Avoidance
- Provides Crew Resource Management (CRM) training.
- Assists as a Subject Matter Expert in the development of
curriculum for new type courses as required.
- Acts as a Lesson Subject Matter Expert to review existing
lessons and/or changes to existing lessons.
- Provides suggestions to improve and update training policies
- Promotes a positive attitude towards learning and embracing new
technologies and tasks.
- Conducts ground training for other crewmembers to include
diagnosis and remediation of student issues.
- Assists in project and development work as assigned.
- Performs administrative duties such as scheduling, record
keeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, quality
assurance, safety, security, and maintenance of training programs
- Must be physically able to enter simulator, experience
simulator motion and take cognizance of attendees' safety when on
board the simulator.
- Must be able to stand up and conduct academic instruction in
simulator and classrooms. Must maintain proficiency in operation of
essential KC-135 Aircrew Training Devices.
- Aviation instruction is a highly specialized function that
requires the instructor to have prior aircraft operating experience
and the ability to hold creditability and the attention of the
- Must acquire and maintain instrument, take-off, landing, and
emergency procedure proficiency.
- Other duties as assignedQualifications and Education
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution of higher
- Eight years total flying experience, five years military
experience, with at least two years KC-135 Pilot flight instructor
and training management experience. Must have recent experience as
a KC-135 Instructor Pilot or Evaluator Pilot.
- Completion of a formal USAF Instructor training course.
- Strong facilitation, and data analysis skills required
- Ability to participate in periodic aircraft familiarization
- Must acquire and maintain proficiency in emergency
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security ClearanceLanguage
SkillsMust have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the
most complex documents. Will be required to respond effectively to
sensitive inquiries and complaints. Must be able to generate
effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex
subjects. Mathematical SkillsMust be able to calculate figures and
amounts, prices, commissions, and percentages, and to draw and
interpret graphs.Reasoning AbilityMust be able to define problems,
collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. An
ability to interpret complex customer requirements and attitudes
from verbal, non-verbal, and written communication is desirable.
Security ResponsibilitiesMust comply with all company security and
data protection / usage policies and procedures. Personally
responsible for proper marking and handling of all information and
materials, in any form. Shall not divulge any information, or
afford access, to other employees not having a need-to-know. Shall
not divulge information outside company without management
approval. All government and proprietary information will be
accessed and stored electronically on company provided resources.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Domestic and international travel as required.
- Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a
simulator or airplane cockpit.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top of or under
- Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or
other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of
simulators and its surrounding environment.
- Work in a regular office environment; communicate via personal
computer, telephone and fax.
- Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock and from
moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high
- Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme
heat, airborne particles, and loud noises.Other DutiesPlease note
this job description is not designed to cover or contain a
comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for their job. Duties,
responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or
Keywords: CAE, Lawton , Pilot Instructor- KC-135, Education / Teaching , Altus, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!