Test Engineer SME
Location: Fort Sill
Posted on: January 7, 2022
DescriptionJob Description:Unleash your talents at Leidos! Grow
and advance in your career by letting Leidos challenge you with
world toughest technical problems. Leidos has a career opportunity
for a talented Test Engineer with AFATDS/ Fires Systems Subject
Matter Expertise, this position will be fully remote with travel
for a period of time from January 2023 - March 2023 for customer
testing. Ideally, the chosen candidate will be local to Aberdeen
Proving Grounds, MD or Fort Sill, OK. However, we can support a
candidate local to a Leidos facility or someone willing to
travel.In this role you will support a critical modernization
effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System
(AFATDS). The candidate will work closely with capability
development teams to verify software functionality, in addition to
collaborating with the training support team to document processes.
This effort is to meet the government's objective to modernize the
underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end to a
fully web- and role-based user interface, integrate common services
made available through the Army's Common Operating Environment
(COE), and incorporate advanced embedded training technologies to
aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher
- Define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret developmental
tests for new and/or modified system components.
- Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction
with other engineering and technical personnel.
- Provide technical support to other engineering groups.
- Participate in User Acceptance Testing (UAT), System Testing
(ST), Smoke Testing (SmT) and Integration/Interface Testing (IT),
and Regression Testing (RT.)
- Participate in test driven development activities including
Contractor System Test (CST.)
- Produce test reports.
- Document and manage defect identification through resolution
- Work as a member of a Capability Development Team, providing
guidance associated with system functionality and usability.
- Works with program SMEs, both local and remote, to educate
development personnel on the nuances associated with the legacy
- Manual test case development, working with development teams to
define testing requirements.
- Participates in daily/weekly stand-up meetings with
architecture and development teams to drive sprint deliveries.Basic
- BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with
2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional experience may
be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Required expertise with Fires Systems and functionality.
- Experience with test process development, test case design,
test procedure development, test execution, system evaluation and
- Experience with requirements traceability, system-of-systems
integration and testing, test planning, development and execution
testing including experience with Army products and
- Ability to isolate and resolve problems, document bugs, regress
and close issues while working on particular application
- Experience with automated test and test driven development
concepts, tools, and languages.
- Experience with Red Hat Linux and Windows Operating
- Experience with network architecture and communications.
- Good verbal, written, communication, and interpersonal
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, &
- Installs, configures, and maintains servers that operate using
Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016,
Windows Server 201.
- US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD SECRET security
- Currently possess an active DoD SECRET security clearance.
- Experience using Joint C2 and Army Mission Command systems such
as CPCE, GCCS-A/J/M/AF, Agile Client, ICSF, JC2CUI, CPOF, and/or
C2PC to create and manage a Common Operating Picture (COP)
- Advanced understanding of Army and Marine fire mission
- Knowledge of integrating COP products from applications such as
CPCE, GCCS-J I3, JEM/JWARN, MTI, JTT, CPOF, AFATDS, JADOCS
preferred or other PM MC systems.
- Installs, configures, and maintains a combination of IM/C2
systems that include TCS, JTCW, C2PC, BFT, JBCP-FoS, JBV AFATDS,
- Familiarity with VMware Workstation and configuring Virtual
Machine and VMware Tools.
- Familiarity with VMF (and other Army communication
- Familiarity with MIL-STD-188-220 and other military
- Familiarity with Extensible Map Platform; NASA WorldWind,
GeoServers and other Map technologies.
- Understanding of RS-232/422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, NLB network
- Experience working with Raytheon Taclink modems and tactical
radios (R/T 1523, AN/PRC 152(A), AN/PRC 117G, AN/PRC 155.)Pay
Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00#Remote
Keywords: Leidos, Lawton , Test Engineer SME, Engineering , Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!