Manager Industrial Engineering
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Primary Purpose of the Position:
- The Manager Industrial Engineering will oversee plant capacity
and capability management tools (PCCMT) to reflect current plant
operations and enable the organization to
use the tool for productivity improvements and gap
- This position will supervise the Industrial Engineer department
(comprised of an Industrial Engineer in every business
- The incumbent will provide continuous identification of
bottlenecks - Providing direction and leading initiatives to
unconstrain the critical areas.
- He/She will provide plant management with information, studies
and recommendations to improve personnel and equipment utilization,
as well as support regional Industrial Engineer Managers with
- This role will drive the creation and maintenance of engineered
standards (or time studies were applicable), routings and work
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead Industrial Engineer team members (within each business
center) to work proactively on the constraints using PCCMT -
Identifying losses and coordinating continuous improvement
- Determine plant staffing and drive efficiency analysis to
optimize the labor utilization in each business center.
Continuously audit the training and moves of associates to ensure
every team has the right resources in place.
- Drive the creation and maintenance of engineer standards (or
time studies where applicable), routings and work center
- Support capital projects, by providing the data and analysis to
justify expenditures. Lead/Coordinate the layout change approval
- Support Regional Industrial Engineer Managers with data,
studies and scenario evaluations.
Education & Certifications:
- Required: Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Desired: Masters Degree in Industrial Engineering.
- Experience: 7 + years in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in developing standards using MOST and time
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong leadership capabilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of MOST, Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Lawton , Manager Industrial Engineering, Executive , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!