Certified Nursing Assistant (FT Days)
Company: Avem Health Partners
Posted on: March 12, 2023
*$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!!*
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to acutely ill patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the nursing staff. Performs other duties as assigned within educational preparation and certification. Any position that has direct patient care is considered to be safety sensitive by Avem Health Partners standards.
*DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:*
* Provides care appropriate to condition and age of patient, including pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
* Provides patient care that meets the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient within the CNA's scope of practice.
* Assists with patient admissions, discharges, and transfers.
* Provides general nursing care to assist patients in completing activities of daily living to include but not limited to personal hygiene, dressing, eating, maintaining continence, and transferring/mobility. Degree of assistance varies by patient from providing supplies to total care.
* Distributes drinking water and snacks to patients as applicable.
* Answers patients' call lights, anticipates patients' needs and makes rounds of assigned patients.
* Reports patient complaint of pain to nursing staff.
* Observes patient's mental and physical conditions; reports any changes to nursing staff.
* Knowledgeable infection prevention and control procedures.
* Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
* Ensures the patient's room is clean and pathways are clear to prevent injuries.
* Communicates in a clear and concise manner to nursing and medical staff.
* Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
* Documentation meets current standards and policies.
* Other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
* The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of Avem Health Partners and serve as a role model within the company.
* Exhibit positive customer service behavior in daily work interactions.
* Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
* Communicate accurately and appropriately.
* Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
* Hold self-accountable for professional practice.
* Interact and cope effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma and illness.
* Participate in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve patient care.
* Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and participate in committees/projects to achieve these goals.
* Ongoing professional development regarding evidence-based practices and implementation of interventions to improve patient outcomes.
* Responsible for seeking out educational/professional opportunities for personal learning needs and growth and meeting mandatory education requirements.
* Act as a preceptor as requested.
* Demonstrate excellent work attendance and actively participate in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
* Adhere to the Avem Health Partners Code of Conduct and Standards of Behavior. Complies with established policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
* High School Graduate or GED
* Current CNA certification in the state of Oklahoma
* Current BLS (or obtained within 30 days)
* One (1) year of clinical experience preferred.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions without compromising patient care. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
* This job requires intact visual and auditory abilities to perform duties.
Job Type: Full-time
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Disability insurance
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Anadarko, OK 73005: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* clinical: 1 year (Preferred)
* BLS Certification (Preferred)
* Oklahoma CNA Certification (Required)
Work Location: One location%7764378% %%mednurse%%
*$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS!!!*
Keywords: Avem Health Partners, Lawton , Certified Nursing Assistant (FT Days), Healthcare , Anadarko, Oklahoma
here to apply!