Associate Project Leader
Location: Fort Sill
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Associate Project Leader
Location: Pryor, OK
Duration: Anticipated Long-Term Project
- This role will be responsible for developing and implementing
projects in the range of $500,000 and below
- Conducts work activities in a manner consistent with KBR and
our Client's Core Values.
- Accountable for overall project performance, including safety,
operability, quality, budget, and schedule.
- Typically managing a number of projects simultaneously,
handling internal prioritization of resources and coordination with
plants to determine installation windows and necessary plant
resourcing to support permitting, operating discipline updates, and
- Involved with project execution including ensuring necessary
procurement & marshaling is completed and contractor resources are
available and scheduled to hit key milestones.
- Develops and presents high quality project definition
documentation project approval reviews for stakeholder decision
against the business opportunity.
- Performs economic evaluations, prepares funding requests,
forecasts capital and non-cap expenditures and asset write-offs ,
and ensures necessary financial reporting and accounting is
- Works closely with the plant sites, Manufacturing Technology
organization, MiOps Site Engineering, and external engineering
resources to execute FEL and detailed engineering activities.
Supports projects through construction and commissioning and
startup. Serves as single point of contact for N&H to
coordinate internal and external engineering resources with Site
- Works with Manufacturing Technology team in identifying non-cap
alternatives or lower capital options, utilizing the appropriate
value improving practices.
- Implements best practices, evaluates scope options, conducts
risk analysis and develops mitigation plans.
- Makes strategic project decisions and provides status updates
throughout execution of all aspects of the project.
- Ensures excellence in alignment to process safety management
(PSM), environmental, health & safety (EH&S), mechanical
integrity and quality assurance (MIQA), export controls and trade
secrets principles, and other core value standards, processes and
- Serves as the owner's lead project engineer to ensure necessary
engineering processes are followed, leveraging highly with
engineering and construction management contractors.
- Champions the "no change" concept and ensures only changes
consistent with the business and project objectives are approved.
Demonstrates excellent communication when changes occur.
- Provides trustworthy leadership for an effective and cohesive
team by ensuring roles and responsibilities are clearly understood,
team member workloads are reasonable, cross functional
communications are adequate and personality conflicts managed for
owners and contract team members. Engages outside consultants when
needed to support the team.
- Management of project execution to safely achieve business
objectives within agreed to scope, cost and schedule while
protecting the environment and our communities.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Project
Quality Plans, including auditing work processes and deliverables
for compliance, and for meeting agreed upon project quality
requirements and expectations, including operability scorecard
metrics following return to operations.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical, Mechanical or related
engineering field and 4+ years of industrial experience
- Experience with GMP design, FS/FQ requirements, Food Systems
practices and design.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communications, team skills &
ability to collaborate.
- Ability to lead multiple projects/tasks and drive projects to
completion with strong operability to support reliable,
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite required and experience
with Microsoft Project, SAP, and/or other project management tools
- This role is not eligible for relocation or per diem *
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status,
genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: KBR, Lawton , Associate Project Leader, Other , Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!