Company: DSI Renal, Inc
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Registered Nurse provides care and treatment to patients
with chronic renal disease. This position performs duties as
assigned by the Charge Nurse, including assisting and supervising
Patient Care Technicians. Acute programs may report directly to an
Administrator or the first line of regional operational management
which may be an Area Director, Regional Director, or Vice President
of Operations, depending on the region/demographics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties and tasks may be assigned.
- Assist with clinical and operational processes to improve
patient health and minimize hospitalizations and missed
- Demonstrate effective use of supplies and staff labor
- Perform duties as assigned to meet the patient care or
operational needs of the clinic.
- Complete and document monthly review of patient medication
profiles. Administer medications as ordered by the physician.
- May assist physician during patient rounds and transcribe and
implement physician orders timely.
- Assist with the implementation of anemia management and
medication protocols as requested.
- Provide patient education and follow up as needed.
- Assist with program's target goals for patient outcomes in
accordance with quality patient care and Company goals.
- Knowledge of and comply with federal, state, local laws and
regulations, including health care professionals practice act
- Perform duties at all times within limitations established by
and in accordance with company policy and procedures, applicable
state and federal laws and regulations.
- Complete patient admission process as outlined in policy and
procedure, collaborating with team members regarding real or
potential problems or needs relative to the treatment
- Complete pre and post treatment physical assessments.
- Initiate and terminate patient treatments to include connecting
and disconnecting catheters and cleaning catheter sites per
- Set up dialysis machines; report machine problems to biomedical
technician and/or clinic's Administrator as appropriate.
- Clean, disinfect and provide quality control of dialysis
machines as required by policy and procedures.
- Participate in infection control monitoring, implementation,
and recording as requested.
- Use personal protective equipment as necessary.
- Be familiar with emergency equipment and all emergency
- Demonstrates effective staffing, as appropriate with staffing
ratios per state regulations and effective patient care, under the
direction of the Administrator.
- Communicate results of patient assessment, reassessment, and
ongoing monitoring to the physician, team members, and others as
appropriate to the individual needs of the patient.
- Maintain collaborative working relationship with Medical
Director and physicians.
- Participate as a member of the Interdisciplinary team in all
required patient assessment and care planning activities.
- Actively promote GUEST customer service standards; develop
effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT/ RETENTION
- Participate in staff meetings as required. Attend in-service
and continuing education offerings in compliance with company
policy and procedure.
- May delegate tasks to competent licensed and unlicensed staff
per applicable state practice act.
- Assist with staff training as requested.
- Lead staff in team concepts and promote a team effort.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Current RN license in applicable state. License must be
maintained as current and in good standing.
- 12 months or more current nursing experience preferred.
- Previous experience in providing nursing care to patients on
maintenance dialysis preferred.
- CPR certification required within 90 days of hire.
- Confirmation of ability to distinguish all primary colors.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the English language and
ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Must have basic computer skills; proficiency in all USRC
clinical applications required within 90 days of hire.
- Must meet any practice requirement(s) for the applicable
- Ability to meet minimum hospital/agency hiring standards which
may include additional background clearances and orientation
requirements if applicable to the program assigned to for
U.S. Renal Care is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: DSI Renal, Inc, Lawton , RN, Other , Altus, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!