Station Electrician C - A (Lawton, OK)
Company: American Electric Power
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The position is posted as a range. Qualifications, education and
experience will be considered in determining the appropriate
Perform all types of work involved in the construction,
maintenance, rebuild, removal, operation, testing and inspection of
energized or de-energized generation, transmission and distribution
facilities. Assist in responding to emergency call-outs on station
trouble and coordinating prompt restoration of service to customers
as required. The following list sets forth the principal duties
required with the degree of supervision normally given. This list
is not intended to limit assignment of work or the degree of
supervision under all operating conditions. Employee may perform
miscellaneous, related, and incidental work in addition to that
specifically outlined below.
The following reference is provided as a guideline for persons
responsible for directing the duties and responsibilities of
assigned personnel, to assist in the safety and development of
employees, and is not intended to limit assignment of work or the
degree of supervision under all operating conditions:
DIRECT SUPERVISION - When a qualified person is working
with/hands-on with the person performing the designated task.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISION - When a qualified person is near the
structure/equipment and is in constant visual and/or verbal contact
to the person performing the designated task.
GENERAL SUPERVISION - An employee of equal or higher
classification, knowledgeable of the task at hand and not
necessarily at the job site.
QUALIFIED PERSON - Station Electrician or Supervisor who is
knowledgeable of the task or work to be performed, and is capable
of performing the appropriate emergency rescue.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Work on energized equipment up to 260 volts. After six months
in classification, employee shall assist in work on conductors and
equipment energized at voltages above 750 volts with direct
supervision or assistance of personnel in higher
- Select proper prints and/or drawings for various work and have
a basic understanding of each.
- Use voltmeters, ohmmeters, ammeters, insulation meggers and
other test equipment associated with station work.
- Assist in disassembling and reassembling, inspecting,
maintenance, and repairing of station transformers, circuit
breakers, portable substations, rotating machinery, network
protectors and transformers, air ducts and heat exchangers; install
and maintain station batteries; replace nitrogen bottles and air
- Assist in station work such as installing conduit, pipe, cable
and wire; use hand lines to pass tools and materials; dig and
backfill trenches; remove and spread stone; uncrate equipment and
material; install and remove portable substation fences, barriers
and safety signs; paint structures and equipment; climb station
- Use various kinds of tapes, insulating materials, protective
and insulating paints and varnishes, and understand proper
application of each.
- Assist in making visual inspections such as check lights,
heaters, circuit breaker counters, oil levels, and bus connections;
read gauges such as voltmeters, ammeters, hydrometers, pressure and
level gauges; apply start-run-stop tests on emergency generators,
water and sump pumps and fire engine motors. Report abnormal
- Replace lamps, switches, duplex outlets, dry cells; install and
maintain signal and communication systems.
- Assist in various tests involving oil samples, connecting and
operating portable and stationary oil handling equipment. Assist in
electrical tests, TTR, Doble, core megger and resistance for
transformer testing, etc.
- Assist in station switching including use of radio
communication and/or direct instruction from higher classification,
assist in checking equipment clearances and making de-energized
tests, place grounds as directed.
- Knowledge and proficiency in steel and aerial lift rescue.
- Maintain records and prepare and submit reports as
- Attend and participate in training and assist in the training
of other employees as assigned.
- Use and operate various company vehicles, specialized
equipment, hand and power tools.
- Operate company vehicles, cranes, aerial lifts and specialized
equipment. Perform duties incidental to the operation of such
- Use hand and power tools; operate portable generators, blowers
and pumps; inspect and store personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge and use of various knots used in station work.
- Perform similar or less skilled work as assigned.
- Assist employees of equal or higher classification; direct the
work of employees assigned to assist.
- Become familiar with the Company's safety rules and practices
and in the application of resuscitation and First Aid as presented
in the Company's Safety Manual. Perform duties in accordance with
the Company's safety rules and operating regulations and
Must reside within a 25 mile radius or 30 roadway miles from the
assigned dock/reporting location.
Relocation assistance may be available for experienced Station
Electrician B - A.
Keywords: American Electric Power, Lawton , Station Electrician C - A (Lawton, OK), Other , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!