Manager, Human Resources
Company: GEO Group Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position focuses on serving the needs, concerns and
objectives of both managers and our employees through building
effective partnerships and by creating trust and mutual respect. It
leads the administration and implementation of Human Resources (HR)
policies, programs and practices throughout the facility and acts
as the liaison between the facility management and
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves as an advisor to the Facility Administrator and facility
management on Human Resources issues.
- Supports local recruiting and outreach efforts in coordination
with the centralized recruiting team to meet or exceed monthly and
annual recruiting targets in the most efficient and effective
manner possible. Ensures a positive candidate and hiring manager
experience. Prepares and maintains personnel records and ensures
compliance to procedures for controlling personnel transactions and
reporting personnel data. Administers and tracks employee
- Assists, coaches and provides guidance for progressive
discipline, standards of employee conduct and employee
- Supports reporting serious staff misconduct to the Office of
Professional Responsibility (OPR).
- Engages employees and acts as a conduit to provide facility
management, Regional HR and Corporate HR insight into employee
- Responsible for employee onboarding to include data entry into
the HR Information system and new employee orientation. Ensures
that data entered is accurate and employees have a thorough
understanding of Company policies and procedures, to include the
information included in the employee handbook.
- Responsible for maintaining records of insurance coverage,
retirement plans, and personnel transactions such as hires,
promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and other
related personnel and payroll issues.
- Serves as EEO specialist and maintains affirmative action
- Serves as subject matter expert for leaves of absences, FMLA
and ADA issues.
- Ensures compliance with Company policies and procedures and
develops a thorough understanding of Corporate HR policies and
- Reviews facility personnel procedures to ensure that they are
applicable, effective, and comply with contract requirements,
local, state and federal law, and Company policies,
- Resolves employee personnel inquiries and submits necessary
inputs, changes, additions and deletions into the HR Information
System for correction. Refers unusual or unresolved problems to
Regional HR for further action.
- May manage an assigned human resources staff and perform the
duties typically associated with a management level position
including hiring, training, and employee development.
- Coordinates grievance and disciplinary hearings and
- Coordinates benefit programs, annual enrollment, and employee
wellness program at facility..
- Monitors unemployment claims, assists with appeals and may
attend hearings as the Human Resources representative.
- Partners with facility management to ensure the performance
appraisal program is compliant and effective.
- Provides guidance on compensation, bonuses and other
- Monitors and coordinates workers' compensation claims and may
compile information to file workers' compensation claims for
employees and for the insurance carrier.
- Provides necessary referral support for the Employee Assistance
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma with a minimum of seven (7) years of
progressive professional experience in Human Resources or a
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Human
Resources or related field with five (5) years of experience
working in a Human Resources position.
- Three (3) years supervisory experience preferred.
- Must exhibit leadership qualities to gain the respect of all
employees and be able to display confidence when interacting with
people at all levels of management.
- Must have the ability and desire to work in a cooperative
manner and to make management decisions.
- Experience working with an HR Information System required.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times due to
the handling of sensitive and confidential information.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally
and in writing.
- Must have proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Windows, MS
Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and other computer programs and
software normally used by HR.
Keywords: GEO Group Inc., Lawton , Manager, Human Resources, Other , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!