Company: The Geo Group
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Facility: Lawton Correctional Facility
Compensation Base: $17.00 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
This position oversees and maintains custody, care, and control
of inmates or detainees of a facility, while enforcing the rules,
regulations, policies, and procedures of the company and
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees and monitors the activities of the inmates or
detainees in living areas, recreation activities areas, dining
areas and visitation areas.
- Coordinates and monitors inmate or detainee movements, conducts
counts, and provides emergency response as needed.
- May be assigned to various posts including, but not limited to,
the control room, front and sally port entrance, health services,
special housing, perimeter security, transportation, work details,
reception, intake, and visits officer, etc., as required by
- Provides security in program activities and supervises labor
crews in various areas around facility.
- Conducts shakedown for contraband materials, either
individually or as part of a specialized team. Confiscates
contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency
policies and procedures.
- Initiates disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees.
- Prepares reports and maintains daily logs as required.
- Ensures prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or
detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma.
- Promotes facility cleanliness and reports need for maintenance
- Serves as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as
- Completes training courses as required by facility training
- Performs correctional duties for any shift as defined by
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Thirty (30) semester hours of college coursework or university;
Or high school diploma or GED equivalent from accredited school are
required. (Oklahoma state requirement).
- Minimum age of twenty (20) years old. (Oklahoma state
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling
twenty-four (24) hour period.
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- Knowledge of the use and care of firearms; proper restraint
methods and techniques; and of self-defense methods. (Oklahoma
- Must to possess valid state driver s license. (Oklahoma state
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of English usage and basic math.
(Oklahoma state requirement).
- Ability to evaluate situations and adopt effective courses of
action. (Oklahoma state requirement).
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and staff and possess a high
tolerance to mental stress.
Keywords: The Geo Group, Lawton , P/T OFFICER, Other , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!