Role and Responsibilities
Provide KC-135 Aircraft Systems/operational procedures
instruction in aircraft/ classroom/ simulator and/or practical
environments. Assist as Subject Matter Expert in development of
curriculum for new type courses as required. May provide additional
special services such as courseware review and other additional
administrative duties such as publications, safety, quality audits,
FCIF, scheduling, and other duties as maybe assigned etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide KC-135 Boom Operator instruction in aircraft,
classroom, and simulator or other platform environments. Also
provide training for Visual Threat Recognition Avoidance Training
- Provide Crew Resource Management (CRM) training.
- Assist as Subject Matter Expert in the development of
curriculum for new type courses as required.
- Act as Lesson Subject Matter Expert to review existing lessons
and/or changes to existing lessons.
- Provides suggestions to improve and update training policies
- Promotes a positive attitude towards learning and embracing new
technologies and tasks.
- Conducts ground training for other crewmembers to include
diagnosis and remediation of student issues.
- Assists in project and development work as assigned.
- Performs administrative duties such as scheduling, record
keeping, monitoring student progress, counseling, quality
assurance, safety, security, and maintenance of training programs
- Must maintain proficiency in operation of essential KC-135
Aircrew Training Devices.
- Must acquire and maintain proficiency in emergency procedures,
in making contacts with receivers during air refueling operations,
air refueling procedures, cargo load training, aircraft servicing,
and operation of aircraft systems and equipment.
- Must be physically able to enter simulator, experience
simulator motion and take cognizance of attendees' safety when on
board the simulator.
- Must be able to stand up and conduct academic instruction in
simulator and classrooms for up to six hours each day and operate
the BOPTT and BOWST console as required to conduct training.
- Aviation instruction is a highly specialized function that
requires the instructor to have prior aircraft operating experience
and the ability to hold creditability and the attention of the
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Associate's Degree from an accredited institution of higher
- Eight years total flying experience, five years military
experience, with at least two years KC-135 Boom Operator instructor
and training management experience.
- Must have recent experience as a KC-135 Instructor Boom
Operator or Evaluator Boom Operator.
- Completion of a formal USAF Instructor training course.
- Ability to participate in periodic aircraft familiarization
- Must acquire and maintain proficiency in emergency
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Must be willing to work any shift or day of the week as
- Must be eligible for DoD Personal Security Clearance
Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most
complex documents. Will be required to respond effectively to
sensitive inquiries and complaints. Must be able to generate
effective oral and written presentations and proposals on complex
Must be able to calculate figures and amounts, prices,
commissions, and percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts,
and draw valid conclusions. An ability to interpret complex
customer requirements and attitudes from verbal, non-verbal, and
written communication is desirable.
Must comply with all company security and data protection /
usage policies and procedures. Personally responsible for proper
marking and handling of all information and materials, in any form.
Shall not divulge any information, or afford access, to other
employees not having a need-to-know. Shall not divulge information
outside company without management approval. All government and
proprietary information will be accessed and stored electronically
on company provided resources.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Domestic and international travel as required.
- Must be able to walk and/or climb stairs and ladder into a
simulator or airplane cockpit.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, and crawl on top of or under
- Must be able to detect odors or hear noises, bangs, etc., or
other sounds to detect problems or flaws in the functioning of
simulators and its surrounding environment.
- Work in a regular office environment; communicate via personal
computer, telephone and fax.
- Will be working in areas with risk of electrical shock and from
moving mechanical parts driven by hydraulics under high
- Will at times be exposed to the following conditions: extreme
heat, airborne particles, and loud noises.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for their job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
CAE USA Inc. is an EOE/AA employer and gives consideration for
employment to all qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you'd like more
information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law,
please click here EEO is the Law poster.
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION The contractor will
not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees
or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
On Call (Fixed Term)
CAE thanks all applicants for their interest. However, only
those whose background and experience match the requirements of the
role will be contacted.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With
As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to
work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team.
At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race,
nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression,
sexual orientation, disability or age.
The masculine form may be used in this job description solely
for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender