Company: The GEO Group, Inc.
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Officers seeking a career opportunity, isn't it time to find the
kind of opportunity that truly challenges you to use the skills
you've worked so hard to build? We can help! We are a leader in our
industry. We ensure our employees a stable career, competitive
benefits, and a diversified range of employment. With us, there's
no telling how far you'll go. Now's the time to start your
With your background or interest in security operations/corrections
as our Officer, you will be overseeing and monitoring the
activities of the inmates or detainees in living areas, recreation
activities areas, dining areas and visitation areas. You will be
coordinating and monitoring inmate or detainee movements,
conducting counts and providing emergency response as needed. In
addition, you may be assigned to various posts including, but not
limited to, the control room, front and sally port entrance, health
services, special housing, perimeter safety, transportation, work
details, reception, intake and visits officer, etc., as required by
Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing safety in program activities and supervising labor
crews in various areas around facility.
- Conducting shakedown for contraband materials, either
individually or as part of a specialized team; confiscating
contraband in accordance to facility and contracting agency
policies and procedures.
- Initiating disciplinary reports on inmates or detainees.
- Preparing reports and maintaining daily logs as required.
- Ensuring prompt and appropriate assistance to inmates or
detainees in the event of injury, illness or trauma.
- Promoting facility cleanliness and reporting need for
maintenance or repairs.
- Serving as member of special teams to respond to emergencies as
- Completing training courses as required by facility training
- Performing correctional duties for any shift as defined by
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification required.
- College coursework and advanced training in behavioral
sciences, correctional services or related field preferred.
Training in cultural diversity or sensitivity preferred.
- Possession of applicable state requisites for employment.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Ability to handle physical and mental stress associated with
working extended hours.
- Must be able to regularly report to work without being
- Ability to be physically alert on any shift that is
- Ability to work up to sixteen (16) hours within a rolling 24
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- Must possess valid state driver's license.
- Must be mature, flexible, able to command the respect and
confidence of inmates or detainees and staff and possess a high
tolerance to mental stress.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: The GEO Group, Inc., Lawton , OFFICER, Other , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!