Culinary Services Supervisor / Dietary Supervisor
Company: Bell Avenue Nursing Center
Location: Elk City
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Come work with us and enjoy the benefits of a rewarding career
as we provide exceptional care to our residents!
We are seeking applicants who enjoy a team environment and
family atmosphere, where regardless of position, we work together
to be the difference makers and a guiding light in our
We offer comprehensive benefits, PayActiv, 401k, and education
If you are a caring and compassionate professional with a drive
for excellence, we want you!
Interim position (4-6 months) with possibility of becoming
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist the
Dietitian in planning, organizing, developing and directing the
overall operation of the Food Services Department in accordance
with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and
regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the
Administrator, to assure that quality nutritional services are
provided on a daily basis and that the Food Services Department is
maintained in a clean, safe, and sanitary manner.
Delegation of Authority
As Director of Food Services, you are delegated the
administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability
necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high school diploma.
- Be a graduate of an accredited course in dietetic training
approved by the American Dietetic Association.
- Must have, as a minimum five (5) years experience in a
supervisory capacity in a hospital, nursing care facility, or other
related medical facility.
- Must have training in cost control, food management, diet
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions
of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The
omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them
from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an
essential function of the position.
- Assist in planning, developing, organizing, implementing,
evaluating, and directing the Food Services Department, its
programs and activities.
- Coordinate food services and activities with other related
departments (i.e., Nursing, Environmental, Activity and Social
- Assist in developing and maintaining written food services
policies and procedures.
- Assist in developing and maintaining written job descriptions
and performance evaluations for each level of food services
- Interpret the department's policies and procedures to
employees, residents, visitors, government agencies, etc., as
- Assist the food services staff in the development and use of
departmental policies, procedures, equipment, supplies, etc.
- Assume the responsibility of obtaining/maintaining/filing
material safety data sheets (MSDSs) for hazardous chemicals used or
stored in the Food Services Department. Ensure staff is aware of
and knowledgeable of MSDSs.
- Perform administrative duties such as completing necessary
forms, reports, evaluations, studies, etc., to assure control of
equipment and supplies.
- Review the department's policies, procedure manuals, job
descriptions, etc., at least annually for revisions, and make
recommendations to the Dietitian and/or Administrator.
- Develop and maintain a file of tested standard recipes.
- Keep abreast of economic conditions/situations and recommend to
the Dietitian and/or Administrator adjustments in food services
that assure the continued ability to provide daily food
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Dietitian
and/or Administrator as necessary/required concerning the operation
of the Food Services Department.
- Submit accident/incident reports to the Business Office within
twenty-four (24) hours after their occurrence.
- Assume administrative authority, responsibility, and
accountability of supervising the Food Services Department.
- Inspect food storage rooms, utility/janitorial closets, etc.,
for upkeep and supply control.
- Review and assist in developing a plan of correction for food
services service deficiencies noted during survey inspections and
provide a written copy of such to the Administrator.
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from nursing
- Assist the Infection Control Coordinator in identifying,
evaluating, and classifying routine and job related food services
functions to ensure that tasks involving potential exposure to
blood/body fluids are properly identified and recorded.
- Review departmental complaints and grievances from personnel
and make written reports to the Dietitian and/or Administrator of
action(s) taken. Follow facility's established procedures.
- Assist in developing and implementing a food services service
- Assist the Quality Assessment and Assurance Committee in
developing and implementing appropriate plans of action to correct
food services deficiencies.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and maintaining an ongoing
quality assurance program for the Food Services Department.
- Assist the Discharge Planning Coordinator in planning the food
services portion of the resident's discharge plan.
- Participate in facility surveys (inspections) made by
authorized government agencies.
- Interview residents or family members, as necessary, to obtain
- Participate in maintaining records of the resident's food likes
- Assist in developing methods for determining quality and
quantity of food served.
- Ensure that charted food services progress notes are
informative and descriptive of the services provided and of the
resident's response to the service.
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with
established policies and procedures.
- Maintain an adequate liaison with families and residents as
- Maintain a reference library of written material, laws, diet
manuals, food codes, etc., necessary for complying with current
standards and regulations and that will provide assistance in
maintaining quality food service.
- Visit residents periodically to evaluate the quality of meals
served, likes and dislikes, etc.
- Involve the resident/family in planning objectives and goals
for the resident.
- Assist in planning regular and special diet menus as prescribed
by the attending physician.
- Assist in developing diet plans for individual residents.
- Review therapeutic and regular diet plans and menus to assure
they are in compliance with the physician's orders.
- Review the food services requirements of each resident admitted
to the facility, as may be required, and assist the attending
physician in planning for the resident's prescribed diet plan.
- Meet with administration, medical and nursing staff, as well as
other related departments in planning food service programs and
- Ensure that residents are offered a nourishing snack at
- Agree not to disclose assigned user ID code and password for
accessing resident/facility information and promptly report
suspected or known violations of such disclosure to the
- Agree not to disclose resident's protected health information
and promptly report suspected or known violations of such
disclosure to the Administrator.
- Report any known or suspected unauthorized attempt to access
facility's information system.
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be
directed by the Administrator and/or Dietitian.
Keywords: Bell Avenue Nursing Center, Lawton , Culinary Services Supervisor / Dietary Supervisor, Other , Elk City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!