Practical Nurse/Vocational Nurse
Company: Department of Defense
Location: Fort Sill
Posted on: June 8, 2021
This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the
DHA for Certain Personnel of the DoD Workforce to recruit and
appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive
This announcement is intended to provide readily available
applicants for hard to fill positions as they become vacant.
Various vacancies may exist and be filled from this announcement.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants
will be considered as vacancies become available.
Learn more about this agency
- Obtain information from patients and/or family to identify
major complaints, symptoms, or reason for seeking health care.
- Take vital signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse,
respiration, pain level, height, weight, measurement of head
circumference and length); perform a behavioral health
- Provide individualized nursing care to patients based upon the
physician's medical plan, the nursing assessment and the physical,
mental and emotional needs of the patient.
- Screen and review immunization records to select required
immunizations, correct dosages, and administer oral, intradermal,
subcutaneous, intramuscular immunizations to all age groups.
- Assist physician with various examinations and diagnostic
- Perform teaching to patients and/or family regarding self-care
procedures and documents teaching.
Occasional travel - Business Travel may be required.
0620 Practical Nurse
Conditions of Employment
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- A Personnel Security Investigation is required
- This position may have a specific initial background
investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its
duties may require interaction with children and youth under the
age of eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- This position is subject to annual seasonal influenza
vaccinations. Applicants tentatively selected for this position
will be required to sign a statement consenting to seasonal
influenza vaccinations or must provide a recognized exemption.
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is
required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants
may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on
the type of position.
- All Health Care Providers must be able to obtain and maintain
current Basic Life Support (BLS) training and certification that is
sponsored or endorsed by the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Current Advanced Life Support or other advanced certification
does not supersede BLS completion.
- A pre-placement medical examination is required.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) subject to
a pre-employment drug screening, and random testing thereafter, to
include testing based on reasonable suspicion and testing due to
direct involvement with an on-duty accident.
- Moderate to heavy lifting may be required.
- Work schedule may require shift work or rotating shifts
(evenings, weekends and holiday).
- Permanent positions: Two year probationary period may be
- Term positions: One year trial period may be required.
- This position may require on-call or irregular work hours.
- Moderate to heavy lifting may be required.
- Additional requirements may be determined as positions arise
and will be communicated during the hiring process if you are
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the experience requirements
described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience,
including volunteer work done through National Service programs
(e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g.,
professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community;
student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying
experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must
clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on
education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
Basic Requirement for a Practical Nurse/Vocational Nurse:
- Licensure: A current license to practice as a
practical/vocational nurse in a State or territory of the United
States or District of Columbia OR must have applied for a license
to practice. Applications of candidates possessing a license must
be accompanied by a certified or photostatic copy of the license.
Non-licensed candidates who have completed their training may be
appointed subject to obtaining the required license during the
probationary period. Those not licensed must furnish the date on
which they applied for a license and the jurisdiction involved. No
person appointed pending licensure may be retained beyond the
probationary period if licensure has not been attained.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify
for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements
- Experience: One year of nursing experience in a hospital,
outpatient clinic, nursing home, or other supervised medical,
nursing, or patient care facility that provided a practical
knowledge of human body structure and sterile techniques and
procedures, performing such duties as measuring patient's vital
signs, administering immunizations or medications via various
routes, screening or updating patient medical records and
performing routine procedures, such as electrocardiograms (EKGs),
pulmonary function tests, wound care, audiograms and vision
screenings. This definition of nursing experience is typical of
work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the
federal service (GS-05).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the
required experience in order to qualify. For this grade level, you
must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone - no
substitution of education for experience is permitted.
This job does not have an education qualification
Keywords: Department of Defense, Lawton , Practical Nurse/Vocational Nurse, Other , Fort Sill, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!