About the Position:
- This announcement is intended to provide readily available
applicants for hard to fill positions as they become vacant.
Various vacancies may exist and be filled from this announcement.
We accept applications on an ongoing basis; qualified applicants
will be considered as vacancies become available.
- A recruitment bonus, relocation bonus and student loan
repayment may be authorized.
- This is a Direct Hire solicitation.
Learn more about this agency
- ADULT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES BELOW
- Provide treatment services in any capacity including, but not
limited to, assessment, medication management and disposition of
psychiatric patients including making arrangements for
hospitalization if needed.
- Provide routine, intensive, complex and emergency intakes and
extended evaluations for a variety of emotional, psychological, and
- Provide continuing follow-up care for chronic patients with
acute disorders and complications of these disorders, such as
psychosis, organic brain syndrome, substance abuse/addictions,
- ADULT AND CHILD/ADOLESCENT PATIENT POPULATION JOB DUTIES
- Treatment entails individual, family, group psychotherapy, and
- Responsible for providing treatment services, and performing
the full range of clinical treatments, including consultation,
evaluation and treatment of emergency, complex and routine cases in
the field of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
- Develop an individualized biopsychosocial treatment plan based
on the child and adolescent?s diagnosis, personal and family
history, current family situation, laboratory and other diagnostic
tests and procedures.
- SUPERVISORY POSITION JOB DUTIES BELOW
- Supervisory positions will serve as an expert in the field of
- Supervisory positions will participate in quality assurance,
and quality improvement studies, utilization review, risk
management, and peer review activities.
- Supervisory positions will plan work to be accomplished by
subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, prepare
schedules for completion of work, develop performance standards,
and evaluate work performance of subordinates.
Occasional travel - Business travel may be required.
0602 Medical Officer
Physicians, All Other
Conditions of Employment
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a
Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service
- Appointment may be subject to a suitability or fitness
determination, as determined by a completed background
- Immunization screening is required. Hepatitis B immunization is
required for all positions with direct patient contact. Applicants
may be required to show proof of other immunizations depending on
the type of position
- Applicants must be able to fulfill credentialing requirements
and obtain and maintain appropriate/relevant clinical
- This position may have specific initial background
investigation and periodic re-verification requirements since its
duties require interaction with children and youth under the age of
eighteen (18) years of age on a recurring basis.
- Permanent positions: Two year probationary period may be
- Term positions: One year trial period may be required.
- This may be an obligated position.
- Work schedule may require shift work or rotating shifts
(evenings, weekends and holiday).
- This position may require the incumbent to work on call during
irregular work hours which may include evenings, weekends,
holidays, and/or varying work schedules.
- This position is a Testing Designated Position subject to
applicant testing and random drug testing. Selectees will be
required to sign DA Form 5019 requiring participation in random
drug urinalysis testing.
- Position may be designated as Inclement Weather Essential. The
incumbent must make every attempt to report for work on time and/or
remain on duty during severe weather conditions.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain current Basic Life Support
(BLS) certification through American Heart Association (AHA) or
American Red Cross. Advanced certification (e.g., ALS) does not
- Additional requirements may be determined as positions arise
and will be communicated during the hiring process.
- Supervisory and non-supervisory positions may be filled from
- A pre-placement medical examination may be required.
- For supervisory positions, one-year supervisory probationary
period required. A one-year probationary period is required if the
selectee has not previously met this requirement.
- Position may require employee to wear a uniform and/or
- A Personnel Security Investigation may be required.
Who May Apply: US Citizens
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and experience
requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid
experience, including volunteer work done through National Service
programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations
(e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual;
community; student; social). You will receive credit for all
qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume
must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based
on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your
application. Additional information about transcripts is in this
Basic Requirement for Supervisory Physician
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, or
equivalent from a school in the United States or Canada. This
degree must have been accredited by the Council on Medical
Education of the American Medical Association; Association of
American Medical Colleges; Liaison Committee on Medical Education;
Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation of the American
Osteopathic Association, or an accrediting body recognized by the
U.S. Department of Education at the time the degree was obtained. A
Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical
school must have provided education and medical knowledge
equivalent to accredited schools in the United States. Evidence of
equivalency to accredited schools in the United States is
demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational
Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates, a fifth pathway
certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the
United States and graduate education in a foreign country, or
successful completion of the U.S. Medical Licensing
Licensure: Applicants must possess a current, active, full, and
unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State,
the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a
territory of the United States.
Graduate Training: Subsequent to obtaining a Doctor of Medicine
or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degree, a candidate must have had
at least one year of supervised experience providing direct service
in a clinical setting, i.e., a one-year internship or the first
year of a residency program in a hospital or an institution
accredited for such training.
In addition to meeting the basic requirement above, to qualify
for this position you must also meet the qualification requirements
Residency Training: Applicants must have successfully completed
the required accredited residency training in the specialty of the
position to be filled (Psychiatry) and equivalent experience and
training equal to at least 5 years. Experience may not be
substituted for residency training that is required for the
NOTE: This vacancy announcement will be used to fill multiple
specialties, to include positions for adult and
pediatric/adolescent treatment populations. Applicants will be
referred to the selecting official based on their
experience/qualifications and the needs of the specific position to
If selected, a salary quote will not be provided to you at the
time of the initial job offer. The salary determination process
begins after the initial job offer is accepted. This consists of
the Activity Compensation Panel adding base pay and market pay to
determine your starting salary and this will be provided to you
Salary for physician positions is based on a tier scale,
determined by the position specialty, grade, and location. This
announcement may be used to fill positions at any of the tier's
Tier 1 - Minimum $107,569 Maximum $282,480
Tier 2 - Minimum $115,000 Maximum $306,600
Tier 3 - Minimum $130,000 Maximum $336,000
Foreign Education: See Qualifications section for education