Company: Ponca City Development Authority
Posted on: January 7, 2022
Position Summary: Responsible for and accountable to the project
manager, office vice president, and leadership team for the
effective planning and supervision of all construction activities
including coordinating the efforts of field employees and
subcontractors, determining the method of construction, sequencing,
manpower levels, material quantities, equipment and work schedule.
This position is an essential key to the success of Rick Scott
- Conduct business and manage all projects according to Rick
Scott Construction Core Values, Vision and Purpose
- Responsible for compliance with all OSHA regulations and safety
policies and procedures as described in the company safety manual.
Ensure job sites have safe working conditions and safe work
practices are in place.
- Administer safety training through weekly toolbox talks.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with the project
manager to handle all issues pertinent to the project.
- Maintains positive working relationship with all persons
involved in the construction project including but not limited to
client, architect, engineer, vendors, and the general public.
- Must be willing to travel if required.
- Responsible for supervision, assigning and directing work,
disciplining, addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
- Must ensure that all work performed is done so with the highest
degree of safety and quality.
- Trains job personnel.
- Review all plans, specifications, and addendi for the
- Ensure that all supplemental information is noted on the
- Create milestone schedule for the scope of the project to be
used in drafting the project construction schedule with the project
- Participate in storyboard meetings with the PM and
- Participate in pre-construction meetings with PM and
- Participate in pre-construction meetings with client and
- Establish job site layout.
- Mobilize job site trailer, temporary facilities, and project
- Perform job site safety analysis, engineer out safety hazards,
and ensure the site is per OSHA standards.
- Call and update OKIE.
- Photograph and/or video existing site conditions.
- Review subcontractor and supplier scope of work.
- Review all submittals from subcontractors and suppliers before
any work or materials are delivered to the job site.
- Verify all materials delivered complies with, and/or exceeds
- Schedule and keep abreast of all deliveries to ensure there is
no labor downtime or schedule fade due to lack of materials. This
applies to subcontractor-supplied materials as well as RSC's.
- Review scopes of work for RSC self-performed items to make sure
that labor crews are scheduled in the flow of the project.
- Review the project estimate for man-hours, based on crew sizes
for each self-performed phase to determine the number of working
days for scheduling. Tasks: (Construction)
- Manages day-to-day activities of the construction
- Understands all subcontractor/supplier scopes of work and
assures that they maintain schedule and quality standards to meet
- Monitors a 3-week look-ahead schedule and develops weekly work
plans to ensure the project stays on schedule.
- Communicates site problems, conflicts, schedule, and quality
issues effectively to PM, client, and/or architect.
- Assists in the negotiation of claims and/or changes.
- Update the 3-week look ahead schedule with input from the
subcontractors and suppliers at a minimum of weekly. Send all
updated information to PM.
- Conduct weekly progress meetings with subcontractors on-site to
review progress and ensure that project is on schedule.
- Conduct daily safety assessments of the project site to ensure
the work areas are OSHA compliant.
- Monitors subcontractor compliance with project safety
- Assists in performing incident and/or accident investigation
- Notify PM and compose RFI's if there is a conflict or
clarification needed on the construction drawings or onsite
- Coordinate all testing and onsite inspections with proper
- Code timesheets weekly.
- Code invoices/pick tickets weekly.
- Complete daily reports summarizing activity and progress on
site. Noting what trades/subcontractors were on-site, manpower
needs, incidences that have occurred, items that are ahead/behind
schedule, safety issues, and equipment needs.
Tasks: (Post Construction)
- Prepare RSC punch list, distribute to involved parties and
confirm completion prior to architect punch list
- Schedule architects punch list and distribute to parties
- Enforce schedule of punch list completion. Commencement of work
needs to take place no more than two days after receipt of the
- Transfer any project notations or red-line drawings to PM
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction technology,
equipment, methods, scheduling, cost control, safety, and
- Strong organization, multi-tasking, leadership, and
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with
clients, architects, subcontractors, vendors, and coworkers of RSC
through effective communication.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as plans,
subcontracts, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions,
and procedure manuals.
- 5 years technical and/or experience in commercial
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- May be required to use a computer and be familiar with
Windows-based applications such as Word and Excel.
- Must have OSHA 30 HR certification.
- Physical Demands - While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee
frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle,
or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to
sit. Must occasionally lift and/or move heavy objects. Specific
vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception,
and the ability to adjust focus
- Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and
- Written Communication-The ability to communicate effectively in
- Work Environment - While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and
outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to
wet and/or humid conditions; high and or precarious places; extreme
cold; and extreme heat. The employee is occasionally exposed to
fumes or airborne particles and vibrations. The noise level in the
work environment is usually loud.
Character Traits Required to be Successful in this Position:
- Team Player- works well with others, consistently does what
they say they will do, contributes to the overall project by
offering feedback in a positive and respectful manner, shows
support, and provides help when needed to keep the project moving
- Dedicated - committed to the success of the project and the
- Decisiveness - ability to recognize key factors and finalize
- Insightful - can read between the lines
- Observant - quick to notice what is going on around you
- Organized and Thorough - meticulous planner and attentive to
accuracy and detail Integrity - being honest and ethical Leadership
- willingness to lead, take charge and offer opinions and
- Critical Thinking - using logic and reasoning to identify
- Cooperation - willing to work together to accomplish a common
- Self Control - maintaining composure, controlling anger,
avoiding aggressive behavior
- Stress Tolerance - dealing calmly and effectively with
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ponca City Development Authority, Lawton , Project Superintendent, Other , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!