Expert Ginning Operations Specialist
Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: September 16, 2023
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. - We serve agriculture customers and consumers across
the United States and around the world. - Most of our 10,000
employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in
19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
- Independently carry out general labor responsibilities promptly
and efficiently. Responsibilities may include:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the commodities handled at
the location and comply with company policy and government
regulations pertaining to commodities.
- Work with customers in a courteous and professional
- Provide guidance and instruction to less experienced
- Prepare trucks and railcars for loading/unloading, which may
require sampling, loosening large nuts, opening hatches, and
attaching and/or detaching flexible hoses.
- Load and unload agricultural inputs from railcars and/or trucks
using heavy or light duty machinery/equipment. May include bulk and
or packaged material.
- Control and monitor all load out functions.
- Understand and operate automated scale/dump systems.
- Conduct and properly record daily, weekly and monthly
maintenance tasks including but not limited to lubrication of
pumps, valves, and loading arms. Inspect in-use equipment looking
for seeps and leaks of process equipment.
- Monitor and maintain quality of inventory (may include blended,
bulk or packaged product).
- Deliver products such as fertilizer, chemical, seed, feed and
others to customer sites.
- Keep all work areas in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
Conduct regular housekeeping duties such as sweeping, shoveling,
power washing, scraping and cleaning up spills. Complete
appropriate record keeping.
- Perform grounds maintenance including snow removal.
- Perform warehouse work including driving loader,
loading/unloading inventory, forklift operation, and general
- Promptly report any customer complaints, repair or maintenance
needs, or safety concerns to supervisor.
- Maintain and promote a strong safety culture and follow all
safety policies, procedures, and regulations. Identify and
communicate workplace hazards and correct or seek assistance in
correcting unsafe actions or conditions.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and safety
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned to ensure facility
operates smoothly and customers receive excellent customer
service.Minimum Qualifications (required)
- 3+ years of experience in Operations and/or Business Operations
- Ability to operate machinery such as loaders, conveyors,
tractors, and track mobile
- Ability to work extended hours during peak seasons to meet
- Pre-employment screening is based on the job requirements and
industry guidelines and may or may not be required for the
position. If required, selected candidates must pass pre-employment
screenings to include all or a combination of drug, criminal, motor
vehicle check, physical requirements and FMSCA Clearinghouse.
- High School diploma or GED (preferred)
- CDL license or ability to attain one with Hazmat endorsement
- Agriculture experience (preferred)
- Forklift certiification (preferred)Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift 75 lbs
- Ability to climb rail cars, ladders, stairs and bins
- Ability to work in dust and adverse weather conditions and
temperaturesCHS offers a competitive total compensation package.
Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance,
Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Company
Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability,
Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.CHS is an Equal
Keywords: CHS Inc, Lawton , Expert Ginning Operations Specialist, Other , Frederick, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!