ExPECTT Part-Time Field Interviewer
Company: Headway Workforce Solutions
Posted on: March 14, 2019
On behalf of Research Triangle Institute, we are currently seeking Part-Time Field Interviewers for a government sponsored research study.
The Public Education Campaign on Teen Tobacco (ExPECTT) - Cohort 2 study sponsored by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The FDA s Center for Tobacco Products (FDA-CTP) is conducting the ExPECTT2 study to measure awareness of and exposure to FDA s Real Cost campaign among youth ages 11 - 16 and the campaign s impact on outcome variables of interest. Data will be collected in 100 primary areas across the United States. The evaluation will consist of a self-administered interview with youth who have previously participated in the study, either online or in-person with a field interviewer. Youth will be invited to complete two additional follow-up interviews in future years. Data from this evaluation will be used to gauge campaign awareness and examine the statistical relationships between exposure to the campaign and the outcome variables of interest among youth.
This position is part time, offering roughly 25 hours / week. Data collection is scheduled to last no longer than 12 weeks, but this time-frame will vary greatly depending on location and project needs. Fieldwork will begin at the beginning of May 2019. We are looking for individuals who will be able to work evening and weekend hours, maintain a varied schedule, and travel locally. Qualified Candidates must be able to commit to the duration of the project.
* High school graduate with 1 year of experience directly or indirectly related to interviewing.
* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age by the first date of employment.
* Must be available for training related activities as outlined below
* Be available for approximately 25 hours per week to conduct interviewing during the field period data collection period
* Have reliable personal automobile available for business use
* Be available and willing to work evenings and weekend hours as required by your specific assignment
* Complete the required number of interviews by the end of the data collection period in an efficient and timely manner
* Conduct valid, high quality in-person interviews in compliance with all project protocols covered at training and documented in the project manual
* Obtain cooperation of study participants by effectively answering questions and addressing concerns
* Accurately complete all project documentation, including electronic survey instruments and all reporting forms
* Adhere to project deadlines for completing interviews, reporting progress, remaining cost efficient and returning materials and equipment
* Keep project information confidential
* Act in a professional manner, while maintaining the integrity of all information acquired
* Maintain a cooperative relationship with your Field Supervisor and other project staff, objectively sharing your thoughts while displaying an understanding of project management s concerns
* Be receptive not defensive when given feedback from project personnel about your performance, striving to learn and improve
* Report promptly, reliably, and accurately to your Field Supervisor and other project staff
* Must have regular access to an internet connection for data transmissions
* Must have phone access to communicate regularly with your Field Supervisor, other project staff, and selected study participants
* Must be physically able to carry the necessary equipment, including a laptop computer.The total weight of required equipment is approximately 15 pounds
* Must be willing to travel as needed (i.e. trainings), stand, walk, climb stairs and sit for at least 4 hours
* Must communicate through speech and listening, and electronically with project staff
TRAINING & PAY
Field Interviewers will be expected to attend a 2.5 day out of town in person paid training, which is tentatively scheduled for April 30th through May 3rd, 2019 in the Raleigh Durham area. In the week prior to attending in-person training, Field Interviewers will be expected to review project provided materials and complete a series of online training modules. Successful completion of both in-person and online training is mandatory to continue employment on the project. Project related mileage would be reimbursed at the government rate, currently $.58 / mile
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org .
Physical and mental demands of this role include those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job, as outlined above. Examples include: operating a computer, a phone, and other office machinery, driving to households; walking from car to household; thinking, learning, and concentrating effectively and frequently communicating with other people, both within RTI and outside of RTI; frequently moving about inside and travel between households; ability to handle the stress associated in meeting frequent, multiple and tight deadlines;, ability to work a varied schedule, including evening and weekend hours based on project needs; consistent demonstration of mental stability and ability to have regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job, per RTI procedure 4.2.1.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at https://www.rti.org/jobs.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
Keywords: Headway Workforce Solutions, Lawton , ExPECTT Part-Time Field Interviewer, Other , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!