CHIEF OF CLASSIFICATION
Company: The Geo Group, Inc.
Posted on: May 13, 2019
Facility:?Lawton Correctional Facility Compensation
Base:?$35,000.00 Compensation Bonus (if applicable):? Equal
Opportunity Employer. Summary This position is responsible for the
daily direction and supervision of detainee intake and release
operations and related areas. In the absence of the Chief of
Security, it also directs and supervises security staff and
operations. This position seeks to meet the needs of the company
and contract agency improving processes without compromise to the
safety and security of both the client population and staff
employees. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the daily intake and release functions for the
- Ensures compliance with all regulations, rules, policies and
procedures for intake and release and security operations.
- Directs and supervises the employees in intake and release, and
security at other times, including selection, hiring, evaluating
job performance, employee training and development, promoting, and
any disciplinary action, and termination.
- Develops policies relating to intake and release operations:
Makes revisions to current policies as required.
- Serves as committee member on training, budget, and policy
- May assist management in establishing long-range plans and
corresponding schedules to achieve facility goals and
- May assist management in ensuring the ability of staff to
respond appropriately emergencies.
- May assist in efforts to assure continued and coordinated
community planning for inmate needs.
- Meets periodically with shifts to discuss operational
- Responds on a 24-hour, 7-day basis to significant, unusual
- Performs other duties as assigned. ?Minimum Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in the behavioral sciences or related;
- Four (4) years of work experience in a correctional/detention
- An equivalent combination of work experience and education
required. Two (2) years must consist of duties related to the
supervision, custody, classification, and treatment of adult
inmates at a correctional facility housing 200 sentenced
- Must possess a working knowledge of program objectives,
policies, correctional laws, applicable court orders, procedures
and requirements for managing a secure correctional facility as
demonstrated by having a combination of relevant work, education
and research experience.
- Must be mature, flexible, intellectually alert, able to command
the respect and confidence of inmates and staff, and
philosophically committed to the objectives of the facility.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software
typically used by the department.
Keywords: The Geo Group, Inc., Lawton , CHIEF OF CLASSIFICATION, Other , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!