Information Systems Specialist, Financial Assistance Services
Company: Cameron University
Posted on: May 15, 2019
General Position DescriptionThe Information Systems Specialist is a
services and support position that is responsible for maintaining
the operational technical needs for the awarding, audit, reporting,
and automation systems within the Office of Financial Assistance
Services. The position also serves as technical liaison between the
Office of Financial Assistance Services and Information Technology
Services (ITS). This position reports to the Director of Financial
Assistance Services.Job Duties of the Information Systems
Specialist include but are not limited to:
- Professionally and efficiently execute Cameron University s
commitment to student success.
- Maintains knowledge of federal, state and tribal regulations in
addition to Financial Assistance Services procedures.
- Performs annual financial aid year set-up.
- Performs Ellucian job processing to include loading financial
aid applications (FAFSAs) and corrections due to verification or
other documentation, assigns tracking requirements and sends
corrections via the EdConnect Software to the Central Processing
- Manages the assignment of budgets, packaging and awarding of
aid and printing tracking and award letters.
- Disburses financial assistance to student accounts in
compliance with federal, state, institutional, and endowment
guidelines as needed.
- Ensures accurate and timely student aid information to
prospective and current students, families and members of the
public is communicated and supported by technology.
- Responsible for assessing regulations, evaluating the impact on
enterprise resource system (Ellucian-Banner) configurations and
working with IT and other staff members to implement and test
system patches, regulatory releases, upgrades and new programs to
ensure compliance with federal, state, and institutional
- Develops reports using SQL, COGNOS and/or institutional
business intelligence software to assist with preparation of
various federal, state and institutional required reports.
- Advises the Director on existing and future automated processes
needed to respond to the changing rules, regulations and procedures
of the federal and state financial aid programs, and on significant
matters supporting Financial Assistance Services on goals and
- Participates in staff development programming, campus functions
and serves on University committees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Required Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of the needs of diverse
- Demonstrated understanding of educational practices within
higher education as well as the regional university mission.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, evaluation and creative problem
- Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly, and
effectively; both verbally and written.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive and effective
relations with campus and community stakeholders.Minimum
- An earned bachelor s degree in Computer Information Systems,
Information Technology, Accounting or related field.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Microsoft
- Minimum of two years responsible employment.
- Demonstrated commitment to student success and excellent
customer services skills.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working with diverse and varied student populations
including low socioeconomic (SES), first generation, and other
groups traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
- Two years of experience working with business intelligence
processes, reports, and database software, or four years directly
related experience with Oracle and Ellucian (Banner) systems in an
institution of higher education in financial assistance.
- Bilingual SpanishSalary Range: Commensurate (Budgeted at
$28,000/annually).INSTITUTION: Cameron University (www. cameron.
edu) is a state-supported regional institution located in Lawton,
Oklahoma, that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. Dedicated
to excellence, the university provides a wide range of economic,
cultural, and educational opportunities for the betterment of all
citizens. Master's-level graduate degrees are offered in business,
behavioral sciences, and education; baccalaureate programs are
offered in more than forty disciplines, and associate degrees are
offered in many other studies. The close proximity of Fort Sill
contributes to an area rich in cultural diversity and provides the
opportunity for frequent cooperative efforts. The combined
community of Lawton/Fort Sill has a population of more than 100,000
and is located adjacent to the picturesque Wichita Mountains
Wildlife Refuge. A copy of the University s Annual Security Report,
listing crime statistics and university policies, is available by
contacting the Office of Public Safety or by accessing the report
online at www. cameron. edu/ops.APPLYING: Attachments should
include a cover letter indicating experience applicable to
position, resume, transcripts (unofficial are acceptable at this
point), names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three
professional references. Incomplete applications will not be
reviewed.DEADLINE: Applications will be accepted until the position
is filled; however, only candidates whose applications are received
by March 24, 2019 are assured of receiving full
Keywords: Cameron University, Lawton , Information Systems Specialist, Financial Assistance Services, Other , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!