Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 26, 2019
Role Purpose: With minimal supervision, initiates MRI diagnostic
examinations according to departmental procedures and protocols.
- Assist in formulation and maintenance of records. Ensure
support and proper documentation for all quality assurance
standards, to include, but not limited to, patient screening forms,
examination journal entries, record-keeping of all
supplies/medications administered, and compliance with designated
image archive medium.
- Identify, interview, and screen patients and visitors to meet
all standard safety operating procedures. This includes, but is not
limited to, screening for persons with pacemakers, implanted
electronic or metallic devices or aneurysm clips; communication
with patient regarding procedure; order verification and patient
identification; and conducts pre/post assessment of
- Identify, interview, and screen patients for possible
contraindications to contrast material. Administers contrast
materials while adhering to prescribed aseptic technique at the
direction of radiologist. Notify physician of adverse reactions
(i.e., patient identification, power injector operations, and
conscious sedation procedures, etc.).
- Initiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in
performing radiology services for patient population served (i.e.,
anatomical position, proper breathing instruction, effective MR
imaging coil selection, compliance with procedure protocols,
- Maintain and enhance personal professional skills and remains
current in scan techniques or technologies by attending educational
programs, seminars, conferences, or workshops.
- Maintain equipment and supplies and notifies Radiology Engineer
and supervisor of equipment malfunction. Records machine
malfunctions in designated journals.
- Operate scanner equipment, camera, and peripherals in a safe
prescribed manner to ensure quality, cost effective images with
maximum comfort possible for the patient. Monitor patient condition
at all times while in department.
- Participate in improving standards of the department as new
managerial and technical concepts and methods evolve.
- Review and evaluate completed images for quality and
completeness according to radiologist guidelines (i.e., proper
selection of film size, proper film format, etc.).
- Orient students and other new department employees on
department policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the
overall function of this position. Minimum Qualifications:
- Graduation from a School of Radiologic Technology or student in
final semester of program. Registry (ARRT) signifies education
requirements have been met.
- Registration by the American Registry of Radiology
Technologists (ARRT) in Radiography; or registry eligible with
registration obtained within 6 months of graduation; or student in
final semester of program with graduation achieved on schedule and
registration obtained within 6 months of graduation.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver). Physical Requirements: Employees in
this position are, or can be, required to possess the following
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up objects
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
operation St. Anthony Hospital - St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed
regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology,
surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898,
is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central
Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its
large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony
Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient
service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan
area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St.
Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including
the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy
Business, Premier QUEST-- Award for High-value Healthcare Citation
of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at
performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than
local competitors and many national health care organizations.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Lawton , MRI Technologist, Other , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!