Lineman A - Overhead Distribution
Company: Volt Power
Posted on: December 4, 2019
VOLT Power, LLC, is a member of the PowerTeam Services family of
Companies, and a leading provider of construction and maintenance
services for electric transmission and distribution lines
throughout the Southwest, Central South, Midwest, and Eastern
United States. With a continued focus on our Mission Statement,
VOLT Power, LLC continues our journey of being the preferred
Utility Service Company for our customers. We offer excellent
compensation and industry-leading benefits such as health, dental
and vision, life insurance, STD and LTD starting on DAY ONE.
Eligibility for company matching 401k benefit after 3 months of
An Overhead Journeyman Lineman performs highly skilled,
journey-level distribution and electrical work in the installation,
construction, maintenance, and repair of overhead electric
distribution and service lines, transformers, meters, metering
equipment, electrical substations, and related equipment. This
class is responsible for performing related duties as required.
- Under general supervision of Crew Foreman, climbs power poles,
splices, and makes repairs to energized lines.
- Constructs new overhead lines, setting poles, installing cross
arms and brackets, stringing wire, and placing equipment such as
transformers, switches, cut-outs, lightning arrestors and
- As a member of a line crew performs switching operations; runs
new service lines from pole to consumer's premises; reconstructs
existing lines and related fittings; phases out and cuts in new
circuits; pulls slack out of primary and secondary wires; tests
poles, lines and other facilities; trims trees to clear wires.
- Drives trucks and operates associated equipment as
- Assists in the instruction and training of lower-class crew
members in techniques of the trade; and does related work as
- Completes all required safety training, know and understand DOT
and OSHA standards.
- Possess capabilities of lower-class crew members.
- Able to Supervise in Foreman's absence.
- Work involves physical exertion, heavy lifting, and exposure to
inclement weather, as well as the hazardous conditions of working
with high-voltage energized lines and equipment.
- Good physical condition and dexterity is required. This
includes walking, stooping, bending, climbing, kneeling, reaching,
crawling, pushing, pulling, working in awkward positions and
enclosed spaces. Lifting up to 50 lbs. is required.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and accurately and possess
good hearing as needed for work and safety compliance in a hot line
- Ability to travel and report for 24 hour standby when
responding to storm relief throughout the United States.
- Must have 5 years of recent lineman experience.
- Must hold a valid Commercial Driver's License and maintain a
Medical Card certified by a DOT Medical Examiner or have the
ability to obtain one within an agreed upon timeframe.
- Subject to random alcohol and drug testing requirements and
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to properly inspect PPE and follow Company safety rules
This position requires vast experience in the construction and
repair of distribution systems and Power Lines with a great
emphasis on safety and OSHA Regulations and knowledge. Must be
experienced in working on power lines under energized
Keywords: Volt Power, Lawton , Lineman A - Overhead Distribution, Professions , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!