Production Supervisor, Lawton, OK
Company: IPEX Group of Companies
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionSilver-Line Plastics is an American owned and
operated manufacturer of the industrys highest quality plastic
pipe, with a comprehensive product offering, featuring PVC, CPVC,
PE and PEX, with state-of-the-art production facilities in
Asheville, North Carolina; Lawton, Oklahoma; and Fort Pierce,
Florida. Silver-Line is known as an industry leader, focusing on
innovation, prompt delivery, and personalized service.We currently
have an exciting opportunity as Production Supervisor.This role is
based in our facility in Lawton (Oklahoma) and reports to the
Production Manager.Job Summary Reporting to the Production Manager,
the Production Supervisor will ensure that the products
manufactured are of the highest quality while using the most
cost-effective methods and maximizing safety. This position has
direct responsibility to handle plant floor activities. These
activities are to be conducted while ensuring and maximizing
safety, product quality, production output, housekeeping and cost
control to achieve plant goals.Principal Responsibilities
- Maintain acceptable housekeeping and organization by conducting
shift tours and noting variances on the Management Operating System
shift tour form.
- Ensure subordinate receives employee orientation and maintains
required training in areas of Health & Safety, Quality, and ISO
procedures. Conduct job specific orientation.
- Conduct annual performance reviews for subordinates and provide
coaching and counseling as required.
- Lead monthly employee meetings in the area of Health, Safety
and Environmental using the agenda supplied by the Management
- Conduct Accident/Incident Investigations.
- Implement corrective actions as assigned arising from HSE
- Communicate actions taken or reasons for deviation to affected
employees and managers.
- Attend Management Training as defined and requested.
- Maintain First Aid, CPR & Blood borne Pathogen
- Ensure policies, procedures and work practices as outlined by
the HR Best Practices Manual, the Collective Bargaining Agreement,
and ISMS are followed at all times.
- Apply disciplinary procedures when deemed necessary for
employees and contractors.
- Apply Refusal to Work Procedure when applicable.
- Participate in continuous improvement by providing suggestions
and participating in management meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in shift transition meetings daily to identify
variances and develop corrective actions.
- Position specific responsibilities
- Ensure that finished product is manufactured in compliance with
the Corporate Quality Control Manual and ISO procedures.
- Prepare operating reports to summarize production, downtime,
scrap, and variance performance by machine and shift.
- Minimize raw material inventory and variance by optimizing the
use of regrind material, minimizing scrap rates, and minimizing
- Assist in the start-up and troubleshooting of process related
problems with production equipment, tooling and auxiliary
- Identify, report, and follow-up on maintenance related
issues.RequirementsQualifications & Experience
- 3+ years of experience in a supervisory capacity in a related
manufacturing environment is a must (continuous operation facility
- A proven track record in a continuous improvement manufacturing
environment with ISO 2001:2000 is a must.
- Knowledge of extrusion, machine operations and quality control
are also preferable.
- Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal and
- Knowledge of computers - Microsoft Office (Word and Excel),
Keywords: IPEX Group of Companies, Lawton , Production Supervisor, Lawton, OK, Professions , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!