Location: Elk City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
We are currently seeking talented and motivated Engineer - Solar
candidates to support design of utility scale solar projects
nationwide. This role will be a strategic contributor to the growth
of our Renewables Lifeline Sector. This position would be working
in house, right alongside of the design team, developing and
building that department out.
Electrical Engineer Responsibilities:
- Work with internal team and external clients to develop Solar
PV design/construction packages including solar array layouts,
electrical one-lines, collection systems, collection system
studies, and equipment installation details for Utility Scale Solar
PV systems (50-500MW+)
- Interact directly with clients for successful project
- Lead project designs of multi-discipline teams of 2-4 people
including a design engineer (focused on the layout, details, etc.),
a system studies engineer, with additional support from CAD
- Support development of early-stage projects with conceptual
designs and material take-offs.
- Use Excel spreadsheets, commercial and proprietary engineering
software to design Solar PV systems
- Lead site visits to gather notes and take pictures of existing
conditions to aid in design and identify critical flaws -
Contribute to continual development of internal solar engineering
standards, toolsets and work processes.
- Turning initial system conceptual ideas into fully developed
optimized EPC designs. What We Expect from You - Bachelor's Degree
in engineering (electrical or mechanical preferred) from an
- PE registration required or ability to obtain licensure within
1 year preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience in power systems mandatory,
with detailed design of solar projects strongly preferred
- Experience with Easypower and CYMCAP.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong
interpersonal skills, and the ability to clearly and effectively
present complex information to all levels of employees, management,
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems
- Due to the dynamic nature of the renewable energy market, the
ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies is a
- Experience with estimating or designing electrical systems is
mandatory. Knowledge of photovoltaic systems, NEC requirements, and
construction practices is strongly preferred.
- The position requires the ability to effectively multi-task and
manage numerous projects/tasks simultaneously, frequently within
aggressive and compressed schedule.
- The ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a
high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to maintain project schedule and achieve target due
- Must have the ability to work permanently in the US.
Experience in the Commercial/Residential Solar Industry would be a
plus, but is not required. Top talented sales, hard-working and
honest candidates will excel within their company. They are
passionate about building their skilled team of top tiered
Take your career to the next level and APPLY NOW.
Please contact Nick Patrick directly at 605-705-6234 for more
information on this or any other positions you may be interested
Resumes may be confidentially sent to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard
to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national
origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, military status, genetic information, or any other status
protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People
and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in
placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the
United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive,
client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to
deliver the right solutions at the right time.
Keywords: Gpac, Lawton , Electrical Engineer, Professions , Elk City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!