Maintenance Technician I
Company: Corvias Group LLC
Posted on: January 15, 2023
Who We Are
Corvias' property management philosophy is simple. We take a
holistic, "resident first" approach to housing and maintenance so
our partners can focus on their core mission, whether it's
educating students or maximizing military readiness. For more than
20 years, we've used that approach to create safe, high-quality
places to live, learn, work and interact for our partners'
residents throughout the U.S. If you want to contribute to a team
dedicated to making a difference in the lives of the people we
serve, we'd like to talk to you. Corvias can help you build a
rewarding career that values superior customer service skills,
innovation, and hard work. We'll also provide you with abundant
opportunities for professional growth and giving back.
How You'll Contribute to the Team
The Maintenance Tech I is part of a team responsible for the
day-to-day maintenance and repair of physical assets in the
property management portfolio. Under operational supervision, the
Maintenance Tech I performs basic maintenance related tasks to
include janitorial, cleaning, groundskeeping, painting, plumbing,
electrical, HVAC, carpentry, construction, appliances and masonry
work, to maintain properties and all common areas in accordance
with company standards for overall functionality, cleanliness, and
safety. The ability to produce quality work in a timely and
efficient manner, while providing residents an exceptional customer
experience and quality living environment, is at the forefront of
- Perform various laborer duties, such as janitorial, cleaning,
groundskeeping, painting, and basic building maintenance and
repair, using powered equipment as needed, in assigned
- Provide high quality customer service to all residents by
responding to maintenance requests in a timely and professional
manner, maintaining a clean workspace in the residents'
- Responsible for timely completion of all phases of make
ready/turnover work, and troubleshooting, according to the turn
- Complete all work tasks in a safe and efficient manner in
accordance with company safety standards relaying information that
might constitute physical or liability hazard.
- Use and follow safety guidelines for tools and equipment and
demonstrate on a regular basis operational knowledge of these
- Properly complete all documentation such as work orders and
timesheets in accordance with policy guidelines.
- Responsible for being attentive to detail to ensure that all
preventative maintenance tasks and on-going maintenance and repairs
are completed in an exemplary manner and any potential hazards or
warning signs of problems are not overlooked.
- Maintain community appearance with regular playground cleanup,
trash pick-up and other related responsibilities as
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year experience in multi-family or housing
maintenance, construction, or trades.
- Ability to perform basic light duty maintenance tasks for
janitorial, cleaning, groundskeeping, painting, plumbing,
electrical, HVAC, carpentry, construction, appliances and
- Ability to identify, use, and operate basic maintenance tools,
including ability to operate all necessary landscaping
- Ability to demonstrate basic understanding, experience and
knowledge of OSHA standards and basic mold awareness.
- Ability to successfully complete all assigned online Corvias
- Customer-focused with the ability to interact with residents in
a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to work collaboratively, take direction, and assist
others performing higher level maintenance duties.
- Ability to read English and interpret documents and communicate
effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be available for mandatory after-hours emergency repairs
and/or on call scheduled work rotations.
- Ability to work irregular hours; May be scheduled any day of
the week to include Saturdays and Sundays.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Use of personal vehicle with mileage reimbursement
- Customer Focus - Prioritizes and takes action on the needs of
both internal and external customers. Designs and delivers products
and services with the customer experience top of mind.
- Teamwork and Collaboration - Capable of working well with
others both on the team and cross-functionally to achieve
individual goals, team goals, department goals, and/or
organizational goals. Values diverse perspectives and working with
others as a way to achieve the best output possible.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making - Uses critical thinking to
evaluate problems, gather information, understand causes, and
identify best possible solutions. Invests time in planning,
discovery, and reflection to drive better decisions and more
- Resilience - Thrives and grows in a rapidly changing and
complex environment. Displays flexibility, activates networks, and
adopts a continuous growth mindset to learn from mistakes and
bounce back from adversity.
- Creativity and Innovation - Thinks beyond the confines of
traditional models to recognize opportunities and find new and
better ways of doing things. Encourages experimentation and accepts
failure as a driver of innovation.
Exceptional Benefits for Exceptional Team Members
As a company striving to be the best place to work, we want to
ensure an environment of collaboration, inclusion and learning
exists throughout all teams, locations and divisions. To support
our team members, we offer a benefits package that is generous and
flexible enough to meet you where you are today and tomorrow.
Corvias employees are eligible for:
- A choice between two benefit-rich medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) with immediate 100% vesting and contribution
- Generous paid time off that increases throughout your
- 12 paid holidays
- Paid time off to volunteer
- Tuition reimbursement to support growth and
- 100% paid life and AD&D insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Maternity leave
- Paternity Leave
- Military Leave
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care)
- Complimentary Employee Assistance Program
Corvias Group, LLC (the "Company") does not discriminate in
employment or applications for employment based on an applicant's
sex, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin,
ancestry, service in the armed forces of the United States,
disability, or any other protected classification as outlined by
Federal, State or local laws.
Learn more about Corvias' External Recruiting Policy.
Learn more about Pay Transparency.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Corvias Group LLC, Lawton , Maintenance Technician I, Professions , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!