Production Specialist Associate
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Goodyear Talent Acquisition Representative: BECKY CLARK
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: Yes
Primary purpose of the position:
- Drive OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) improvements in the
process and equipment of the incumbent business center.
- Ensure process capability and capacity to deliver plant goals,
optimizing cycle time.
- Actively engaged to assure Safety and Quality systems
- Ensure Plant Optimization replication plan for DEC (Daily
Equipment Care) and WPO (Work Place Organization)
- Drive an efficient cost structure by implementing cost saving
initiatives and projects using FI (Focused Improvement)
- Support the integration of new products into our portfolio by
industrializing materials, components and manufacturing
- Coach team members to get actively involved in problem solving
and process troubleshooting.
- Support plant by interfacing with plant QTECH &
Primary Duties / Responsibilities:
- Perform activities that involve issuing reports, conducting
product quality audits, issuing & dispositioning product holds,
maintaining & interpreting product, process & material
specifications related to maintain & improving the product quality
within the manufacturing process.
- Carry out activities that involve facilitating development
builds & trials, issuing product, process or material
specifications, analyzing data & conducting process & equipment
trials related to improving manufacturing capability &
- Execute activities involving continuous improvement tools,
analysis of product irregularities, recommending solutions &
facilitating cost down initiatives related to improving product
- These duties would include training & instruction of
appropriate team members & day-to-day floor support.
- Identify & correct unacceptable performance through analysis &
technical knowledge of the product & process including waste & cost
Education & Certification:
- Required: Bachelor's Degree.
- Desired: MBA, technical.
- 3+ years' experience in manufacturing, continuous improvement
experience, a solid understanding of product quality & waste
reduction & experience in understanding product integrity.
- Specific experience in tire manufacturing processes
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to influence floor & staff associates in all activities
- Tire specification, tire construction, manufacturing equipment
& manufacturing processes.
- Must be analytical & able to organize data & communicate to all
levels of organization in all areas of expertise.
- Preferred: statistical procedure, statistics & basic product
Goodyear is one of the world's largest tire companies. It employs
about 74,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities
in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in
Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop
state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and
performance standard for the industry. For more information about
Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate .
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action
Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regards to that individual's race, color,
religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including
pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or
mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Lawton , Production Specialist Associate, Professions , Lawton, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!