Company: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital
Location: Oklahoma City
Posted on: May 26, 2019
Role Purpose: Under supervision, operate stationary and portable
radiology equipment to obtain routine diagnostic radiographs
throughout the hospital. Under supervision, operate the Multislice
CT unit to obtain diagnostic images. Responsibilities:
- I nitiate delegated tasks based on demonstrated competence in
performing basic CT services for patient population served. Such
tasks include, but are not limited to anatomical position, proper
breathing instruction, and compliance with procedure
- Operate various radiology equipment in a safe, prescribed
manner to insure quality, cost efficient, complete results with
minimal discomfort to the patient.
- Examine finished diagnostic radiographs and CT images for
quality and completeness.
- Take appropriate precautions to minimize radiation exposure to
patients and staff by using good positioning, exposure, and
- Identify, interview, and screen patients. Provide information
regarding procedure, order verification, patient identification,
and pre/post assessment.
- Orient radiographic students and other new department
- Maintain designated department records.
- Maintain equipment and supplies and notify supervisor or
Radiology Engineer of equipment malfunction.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the
overall function of this position. Minimum Qualifications:
- Registration by the American Registry of Radiologic
Technologists (ARRT) (R). Advanced registration by ARRT in CT
within one year of employment.
- Current CPR (Heartsaver). Physical Requirements: Employees in
this position are, or can be, required to possess the following
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling up to 100 lbs.
- Stooping, kneeling and/or crouching daily
- Standing or walking more than 5 hours a day
- Running to respond to patient emergencies
- Reaching, grasping, fingering, and/or feeling more than 5 hours
- Visual acuity in order to correctly distinguish skin tone
variations, evidence of IV infiltration, infection; able to read
telemetry, blood pressure gauges, etc.
- Audio acuity in order to correctly distinguish various body
sounds (i.e., respirations, heart tones, bowel sounds).
- Audio acuity to discern sounds made by various types of
machinery or equipment that would indicate dangerous or improper
St. Anthony Hospital - St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional
referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and
behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located
in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma,
as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large
rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex
campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access
to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony
added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St.
Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality
Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST--
Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others.
Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality
and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many
national health care organizations.
Keywords: SSM Health St. Anthony Hospital, Lawton , Radiographer-CT Technician, Professions , Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!